If you spend much time enjoying your backyard (no matter what the season), or if you're simply looking to increase the amount of flair in your front yard (there's nothing wrong with some extra tasteful curb appeal), there are a plethora of great wall decor ideas to spruce up your outdoor areas.
You can pick what space to decorate, from patios to fences, and even right on the side of your house.
Why Get Decorative Outside?
Unless you're a homebody that never ventures into your own yard, it can be nice to have a beautiful artistic view in your yard. Maybe you want people to notice your home when they drive by, or you're hoping to get walkers to stop and check out your wall decor gracing the front of your home.
It doesn't matter your reasoning, there are so many great ideas for outdoor wall decor, and you'll find that decorating the outdoors with more than just flowers, shrubs, and trees adds a little something extra, and even more personal, to the way your home looks from the outside.
What Makes Good Outdoor Wall Decor?
When it comes to outdoor decoration, keep a few things in mind. First, you want to make sure it can withstand the elements. Even if an item is going to be on a covered porch, it's still going to get the effects of the elements – from sunshine draining its color to wind and rain pushing in on it.
That's why it's important to buy items made for outdoor display. You can also buy coatings for things made of wood and cement that will weatherproof them. Know what you're investing in so you're not disappointed when your “Welcome” sign fades and begins to fall apart from wood rot.
Do you Need A Theme?
It can help to come up with a theme for your yard and wall decor, but it's not a necessary element. If you have many yard decorations, you may want to make sure your porch or deck decor blends well. Themes can make it easier to make sure everything matches.
The most important factors are that you pick items that you enjoy looking at and that speak to you, and that you choose things that go well with your home. Try not to clash colors or get too dark with your decor when you have a light and sunny-looking home.
The Best Outdoor Wall Decor Ideas To Consider
Now that you have some sort of an idea of what to look for when it comes to outdoor decorations, here is a list of 20 great ideas to consider for wall decor for your home.
- Lifelike Faux Plant Life – The Tiny Land door wreath blends together a wicker frame, fern leaves, branches, berries,...
- Vibrant Green Colors – A truly charming door wreath, the seasonal design makes it a wonderful choice for front door...
- Indoor or Outdoor Use – Crafted with mold and moisture-resistant plastic, our plant life can be hung up in the...
You can pick something that is made from natural items, like tree branches or bark, or something a little fancier – just make sure it can withstand the elements. You can also swap out wreaths with different ones for holidays or the changing seasons.
- SIZE: 48''(L) x 36''(W) x 12''(H), holds about 11 cubic feet soil, provide ample growing space to raise vegetables,...
- DURABLE: Made of stable thickened galvanized metal, frame it all construction with anti-rusty coating for long-time...
- OPEN BOTTOM: Sits on the ground garden bed, provide good drainage, keep weeds away from soil, defense against pests,...
Planter boxes can be plain, natural, brightly colored, designed with crazy patterns, or can have a message on them – that's up to you. What you put in them is up to you as well. Planter boxes make great front porch and back deck decor.
A few clever ideas for your planter boxes include planting vibrantly colored flowers in them, using them to grow herbs, or creating a beach them with sand and shells in them. You could also use the sand theme to make a zen garden in your planter box (you'll want something light to cover the bottom, so you only need a thinner layer of sand on top, or it might become too heavy).
- Material: Felt Cloth, 7-Pocket Wall Hanging Planter Balcony Garden Vertical Flower Vege Herbs Grow Bag.
- Features: rugged, self-absorbing, corrosion-resistant, breathable,Wall-mounted, save space for planting.
- Application Scene: Balcony Garden / Home Decor / Supermarket Wall / Cafe Decor / Garden Nursery.
Coir planters add a different look and fit snugly right up to the wall. You can plant something that likes to vine or droop in the planters to give your porch a jungle vibe.
You can use wicker baskets, and other types of baskets attached to the walls as well.
- ORIGINAL ART:100% Upcycled Reclaimed Wood.Unique hand crafted.This set window frames(open frame, no glass)would make a...
- DECOR YOUR ROOM:11X15.8inch rustic decor window frame can perfect above your table,fireplace and add them to a blank...
- DIFFERENT CRAFTS:Open your artistic talents, match your favorite decorations, such as wreath, hay, or dye it，add...
Old window frames, with or without glass, make great wall decor items. They can be hung as is, or you can add art into the windows. Get creative and turn them into something that brings you joy and peace.
- Newfangled Design:This hanging mason jar solar lights lids(rechargable battery included) suit for all standard regular...
- Popular & Easy Operate:Standard regular mouth mason jar with solar powered light lid,magnificent copper wire string...
- Environmental Protection and Energy Conservation:Solar panel on the lid top,100% high-efficiency solar powered,no...
With just a few stylish hooks attached to your back wall (for your deck) or your porch facing wall, you can add some natural lighting to your outdoor seating area. Mason jars are made to withstand high temperatures, so you can burn actual candles in them (just know how much heat your siding can take). You can also use the battery-operated fake candles.
- PERFECT FOR DISPLAYING AT EVENTS - Mini blackboards are perfect for displaying announcements such as menu's for...
- SMALL COMPACT SIZE - Mini blackboards measure 8" x 9.5" inches.
- EASY TO HANG - Attached to each mini blackboard is a gold string so it can easily be displayed anywhere.
Chalkboards have been, are, and will be fashionable for a while when it comes to home decor of any kind. You can make a new welcome sign each day, use small chalkboard signs to mark those herbs in your planter boxes, or use them to put positive messages on your porch to aid in your outdoor relaxation.
- This artificial decorative fencing panels are perfect for your patios and garden to create privacy space, are...
- Contracted 47"x 30" - Expanded 93" x 16" (install either vertically or horizontally)
- Expandable to create an instant privacy fence screen covered with faux ivy leaves. Flexible, expands or contracts to...
Lattice offers a place to hang all sorts of things on your front porch. You can use it as a place to hang planters, art, lights, and more. It also adds another way you can give your porch a pop of color.
Pallets can be used much the same as the lattice. You can also turn an old pallet into a huge planter, perfect for herbs or other food (like lettuce), or even flowers. Keep the pallet in its natural color, stain it, or paint it to add a pop of color to the front or back of your home.
- High precision UV printing to realize bright color, lifelike graphics, water proof effect. The perfect sign is suitable...
- Comes ready to hang on wall with jute rope.
- Light weight wood, easy to see and nice looking. It will be a great gift for friends or families.
Make or buy a personalized sign for your porch welcoming people into your home. You can have your family name on it, your first names, or it can simply say “welcome.” You can have a sign made that reflects an interest of your household, like your child's team mascot, or in the colors of your own alma mater.
Sticks make great frames (which look nice attached to your wall facing the front porch). Using sticks is creative and imaginative, and you can collect sticks right from your own front yard.
Have a larger branch that fell from one of your trees during a recent storm? Instead of burning it, attach it to your porch wall with some well-fastened hooks and use it to hang flower pots and other decor.
No products found.
No products found.
Metal offers a great way to make your porch look stylish and creative – and you can find all sorts of metal scrollwork designs. Use one of these as a centerpiece on the front porch wall or on the wall facing your back deck. You can get something that looks like a mandala, or something that looks like any number of animals or shapes.
- Uniquely hand carved from real wood by Tarahumara Indian craftsmen for a rustic chiseled old style look.
- Measures approximately 29-30" long, perfect for a table centerpiece or rustic decorating accent.
- Hand carved, rough sanded and stained for a traditional Native look.
Feel like metal is a little too unnatural for your taste? You can opt to pick a stained wood centerpiece. This can simply be stained in varying designs and be a solid shape, or you can get a scroll-cut wood design with many colors of stain to make an interesting picture or design – there are many options, and you can even make something yourself.
- Pre-Seasoned 12" Cast Iron Skillet, 4.5qt Dutch Oven Pot, 2.5qt Saucepot, 20" x 9" Heavy-duty Reversible Cast Iron...
- For cooking on an open fire or with burning ash
- Large pot with lid and recess for the circulation of the burning ash
If you have a love for all things vintage, give your porch a vintage makeover – and start with some vintage metal pots and pans. These make a nice eclectic piece of wall decor.
- This is an amazing Elegant Royal Antique Indian doors with Frame are made in extremely strong teak wood with an old...
- Hand crafted with skill by artisans famous for the Palaces in India the door can be used as a master bedroom door or as...
- This deficiency of earth energy can be increased by adopting certain practices A strong, well-represented Earth Element...
Here's one reason to never toss out things when you remodel your home – you can use those leftover items elsewhere, including in your porch or deck. Old closet doors make a nice accent piece on any outdoor wall and give you an additional space to hang some outdoor art.
- TRADITIONAL COLONIAL AESTHETIC: This elegant colonial cabinet becomes a functional centerpiece in any room, adding charm...
- ADJUSTABLE SHELVING: Four adjustable shelves allow for a variety of different sized items to be stored within the...
- LARGE STORAGE DRAWER: A large central drawer is perfect for storing silverware, knick-knacks, towels, or other household...
Old cupboards attached to the walls in your backyard provide you with something interesting and pretty to look at, as well as space to store all sorts of things – from gardening gear to your outdoor cooking supplies. You can paint them differently, make them look like something that belongs outdoors, and they'll offer you many more years of usefulness.
- BROWN RUSTIC LADDER SHELF FARMHOUSE DECOR; 5' long, mount horizontally or vertically.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY; Crafted from 100% reclaimed and recycled wood.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE; If you aren't satisfied, we'll refund every penny.
Ladder make great places to hang or display thing, even when they're broken. Hang a ladder on the porch wall and turn it into a place to hang planters, signs, and other porch decor.
- The great gift for grandparents. The style is according to vintage European royal family. The European noble design can...
- The size of frame on outline border is 7.87x11.02 inch. For interior casing is 5x7 inch. You can put a 5x7 inch picture...
- Glass protector face that the function is stain-resistance, on the surface of the frame. It is easy to clean and protect...
Never throw away old picture frames, even when they have no pictures in them. Old frames that have a vintage look with some scraped-off paint can add a touch of design to any space, including your porch or deck. Hang them with nothing behind or hang a large one with smaller ones inside!
- hardware included for mounting on walls and built in peg hooks.
- Basket can be used on standard peg boards and slat walls
- Keep frequently used items organized and easily accessible
Baskets add a cute look to a home and they offer a space to store all sorts of things, including fresh-cut flowers. Hang baskets from your stick hanger, on your lattice, or right on your front door. Fill them with flowers, put a sign in one of them, or put some scented herbs in them to help with porch-time relaxation.
Just like those vintage pots and pans, old plates can make great outdoor wall decor. They combine well with many of the other ideas on this list – including using them as centerpieces inside old frames or decorating pallets with them.
Bring the wall to the floor with some wall decor that doesn't actually need to be attached to the wall. Lean old ladders on the wall, use old dressers outside as decor and storage, or use old fancy desks for decor (you can set planted items on them and so much more).
Why Add Decor To Your Outdoors?
When it comes to your yard and the outside of your home, there are so many wonderful and stylish things that you can do to make your home a more welcoming place even when you're hanging out in the yard. Even if you don't spend a lot of time on your porch, take some time to decorate it because you never know whose face you'll put a smile on just by having some color, flowers, or a fancy welcome sign out there.
Create a more welcoming backyard, and you'll want to spend more time there – and even just a little bit of time in the fresh air of the great outdoors is always a healthy time. Get outdoors and read a book, harvest some fresh herbs grown on your deck, enjoy the beauty of creative art you chose to decorate your walls with, and just get some natural vitamin D from the sunshine.
Final Thoughts On Outdoor Wall Decor
Your wall decor should be something that reflects your interest and something that you enjoy looking at. You can make it a beach theme, a farm theme, a vintage theme, or not even have a theme. There are so many great ideas, and you can create some amazing looks with the 20 decor ideas you've read here.